Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What Looks Good?

Be sure to check out the shipping list and the comic book shop locator!

As you can see, there's entirely too much neat-looking stuff coming out this week.

Batman #666 -- Not usually a Morrison fan, but this concept sounds really fun.

JSA Classified #28 -- Maybe I am the only one asking, but where the heck are Jakeem and Thunderbolt, anyway?

Matian Manhunter: The Others Among Us TPB -- Not picking this up, I'm going to hook up my friend Adama and get his singles instead. Woo, Martian Manhunter!

Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter v.1 -- DC continues to impress with it's varying and wide array of Showcase volumes. Woo, Martian Manhunter!

Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes #32 -- Bedard had a good setup last issue, so I have high hopes for this installment of the "Search for Cosmic Boy."

Superman #665 -- Gotta look at this one, the solicit says its a "Countdown dossier," whatever that means.

Wonder Woman #11 -- At this point, I want to see how Amazons Attack! ends so I can know the setup for when Gail Simone comes on board.

Annihilation Conquest: Star Lord #1 -- Two words: Rocket Racoon!

Heroes for Hire #12 -- Ahh, Heroes For Hire... keeps me entertained and saves me money by recapping big events like Civil War and World War Hulk. Pure Bronze Age goodness. (Also: Moon Boy.)

Iron Man #20 -- Previously, a poorly conceived and executed crossover took over the title... again. This at least has an interesting setup, and this book has been generally good since the relaunch.

Marvel Adventures: Iron Man #3 -- For those of you who don't get enough Iron in your diet, try this easy-to-digest format.

X-Men: First Class v.2:no.2 -- The original X-Men get no love as a general rule, so this series is a total blast.

Futurama Comics #32 -- Soon, I'll be able to have my Futurama fix on television again, but there is something partly quaint and partly awesome about these comics.

Star Trek: Year Four #1 -- The Space Between ran hot and cold, but I will give this TOS first issue a try.

So what looks good to YOU?

3 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

Luke
I wanted to give you the sad news myself that Black Lightning Limited will be no more. I hope you got that logo already as I will take the site down sometime next week. The reson behind it is personal but if you do find out I hope we will still be friends. Good luck with your bolg and for the time being you can still read what I have to say at my other blog On My Mind which you will find at http://onmymind1.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your friendship and support.
Rick

Luke said...

I'm very sorry to hear that, Rick. You seem like a really nice, down to Earth guy, and we share a good number of interests. I hope whatever it is turns out for the best.

Keep your chin up, my man, you'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

Rick L. Phillips said...

Thanks Luke
On my other site I plan on making you an honoaray member of S.O.M.E. If you don't want me to let me know and I will not do it or I will take you off if I already have. You will always be welcome there as you and your site will be On My Mind.