Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Looks Good?

Time keeps marching on, and with it, comics keep on getting released, like clockwork.  Amazing to me that my kids are not going to know what "clockwork" means.

Creepy Comics #7 -- I really like this book, but it comes out so irregularly that I routinely forget about it.  Still, can't be black and white horror comics!

Aquaman #5 -- With the Trench defeated (for now), it's time for Johns and Reis to show us what they have in mind for Aquaman and Mera next.  Reading this series reminds me of the "old days" (*cough*) of reading JSA in trade or Johns' Flash monthly when I was college.

Blackhawks #5 -- Unfortunately, this book has been cancelled as of issue #8, but I for one liked the idea of building a new Blackhawks team.  Hopefully they will find somewhere else to appear in the New 52 DCU.

The Flash #5 -- One thing I have come to count on with the New 52 is that this book is going to look amazing every month.  I am also enjoying the story, with Barry trying to "think fast" rather than just "run fast," and the strange new baddie Mob Rule.

The Savage Hawkman #5 -- Changes are coming for this book, but for now I am very much looking forward to the next story arc, involving "everyone's favorite" Hawkfoe, the Gentleman Ghost, and a legion of the undead.  (I put that in quotes because while I like the Ghost, he's not my favorite Hawkfoe.  That honor goes to Shadow-Thief!)

Archie #629 -- You wanted the best!  You got the best!  This inane crossover has been a lot of fun so far, with KISS showing up in Riverdale to battle a crew of unusual monsters, including a Valley girl mummy and a very... emotional vampire hunk.

Robocop: Road Trip #2 -- Dynamite's Robocop series sort of ended on a weird note, so I am glad to see them at least finishing the story up.  I'm a sucker for Robocop, and the Dynamite series was a worthwhile read, so I am excited to get ahold of this one as well.

So, what looks good to YOU?

No comments: