Monday, November 1, 2010

What I Read This Week

Well, this is a new twist on the What I Read This Week posts, because with the end of October comes the end of a 4-and-a-half year era for El Jacone.  

As of this month, I am getting my comics online instead of in my LCS.

This is a big change for me.  When I moved to the Greenville area in 2006, one of the first things I did was set up my pull list at Borderlands.  And I have been a loyal customer ever since.  But it is getting too expensive to continue on that vein, so I have switched to an online mail order service.  I'm going to have to pop in here and there for specials or delayed books, but I am going to close my pull list this week.  I'm saving quite a bit of money, but it means that I won't be able to write my typical Monday posts anymore.

What does this mean for Mondays?  My plan right now is to still write about what I read in the past week, but instead of new comics, to talk about old ones!  I have a huge amount of back issues I have not had a chance to read yet, so I figure this is a great opportunity to do exactly that.

So, keep watching this space, folks!

No comments: