Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What I Got This Week, Continued

As you recall, yesterday I was talking about the swag my father picked up for me at NYCC, and I mentioned an ultimate prize. Well, imagine my surprise when what should appear on my doorstep last night but a box from my father, containing even more swag from the con!

Nothing too crazy here, but fun stuff nonetheless: A Skrull mask (which unfortunately I don't think I can wear to work), a Zuda minicomic sampler, catalogs from Amok Time and Gentle Giant, lots of free comics (including a few early FCBD samples), and the very cool NYCC Show Guide Book. ALl in a ll, some really nice souviners of a show I did not attend.

But now we have reached the ultimate score. Now, I am not one known for having lots of strings to pull, or networking connections, or the like. But on Friday afternoon, while I was in Fort Lauderdale, I got a call on my cell phone. From my comic book shop, Borderlands. Confused, I answered the phone to find Stan, the very cool owner of the very cool shop. He apologized for bothering me and said that he was only calling because he wouldn't see me until Wednesday, and that he had something for me which was time-sensitive.

Seems the shop had scored some passes to an exclusive advance screening of Iron Man, and since I am the biggest Iron Fan in his clientele, wanted to know if I was interested. Was I interested?! Holy crap! Needless to say I told him I was, and I popped into the sotre yesterday to pick up the pass. And the reason why this post is so late is because my wife and I just got back not too long ago from the screening.

That's right, your humble host scored tix to see the 4 Color Cinema event he has been waiting on for most of his life before it was released.

The film is, in a word, awesome. I'll have more on that later. But this has been a perfect storm week of Iron Fandom. And between the swag and the score, everything's come up roses right now in the Bunker. You'll have to excuse me if I am a little too excited at the moment, so let me sign off.

2 comments:

Adama said...

Damn you, El Jacone! Damn you!

That's fine, Joe and I will see it on our own!

:)

Mister Bones said...

Nice! There's a screening near me tonight that I'm hoping to go too. Glad to hear it got an Iron Man fan's seal of approval.

Personally, I'm hoping it's the best movie this summer not named "The Dark Knight" or "The Golden Army". If it manages to be that, I'll be a very happy fanboy.