Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What Looks Good?


It's a grey, rainy day here in South Carolina, and I think I am coming down with a cold.  Better run to the store and pick up some medicine, if you know what I mean.

Doom Patrol #3 -- The quirkiest title on the shelves from the Big Two, bar none.  In a good way.

House of Mystery #18 -- What is this new threat to the House and what is their connection to Cain?

Rebels Annual #1 -- Starro The Conquerer as you've never seen him before!

Red Tornado #2 -- I keep wanting to call him the Android Avenger, just because I am a lot more familiar with the Vision... what is his cutesy nickname?

Strange Adventures #8 -- What is the meaning to life, the universe, and everything?  SYNNAR THE DEMIURGE.

Superman: World of New Krypton #8 -- Thanagar and New Krypton throw down!  Nth metal vs those weird crystal things!  All this plus Jemm, Son of Saturn?!

Warlord #7 -- Grell on pencils and words!  Grell on pencils and words!

Iron Man: Armor Wars #3 -- In this case, "AA" means "All Ages," not "Alcoholics Anonymous."

So, what looks good to YOU?

2 comments:

Doug said...

I had a late morning getting to work, so I already grabbed my comics. Hoping for a little downtime at work. . .

DP is without a doubt the one I am most looking forward to this week.

REBELS Annual looks like fun.

Red Tornado's "cutesy" name? Reddy, I guess. I'll do some digging.

Incredibles #1 from BOOM! hit the racks today. I've been waiting for this book since the movie. My kids have too.

I couldn't walk out of the store without Daredevil, a comic I NEVER read, but found intriguing after reading The List.

Doctor Voodoo. This one has so much potential to either be great or a complete and utter failure. He's hoping for greatness.

Luke said...

Doom Patrol will probably be the top of the pile for me, although IM:AM has been fun in a "Spot the Soviets" sort of way.

I would say that Reddy is the "Android Atlas," but there's already enough bad blood between RT fans and Martian Manhunter (AKA the "Alien Atlas") fans!