Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"First... Then... Now" 2009 Edition House Ad


I have seen this new DC House Ad over the last few weeks, and I have to say, I got a good chuckle out of it.  Of course, the original version of this ad featured Superheroes up top, Mystery characters in the middle, and Sword & Sorcery characters on the bottom.  Oh, what I would give for those days once again!

Ironically, I just saw this ad in the pages of Warlord, which, of course, was one of the S&S titles advertised on the original version, which you can take a peak at over at rob's Aquaman Shrine, which is where I grabbed this scan from.

Interesting also to consider that DC (or, at least whomever at DC was constructing this ad) considers Red Robin, Magog, Batwoman, and Power Girl to be their next "icons."  Three of those make perfect sense, but if Magog becomes an "icon," aren't we kinda stumbling down the path to Kingdom Come?

No comments: