Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What Looks Good?


The heat the last few days in South Carolina has been practically unbearable, even hitting triple digits.  Hopefully it's cooler where you are!  Luckily, we can all chill out with some fine reading material from our local comic shop and beat the heat.

Creepy Archives HC -- I won't be buying this one, but man, all these hardcovers of the classic genre mags are very, very cool!

Final Crisis #3 -- Let the nuking begin!  

Hawkman Special #1 -- Carter Hall gets a solo story in the middle of Holy War, and this might lead to a solo series?  Color me intrigued.

House of Mystery #4 -- When I say that reading this gives me Sandman flashbacks, know that I do not say that lightly.

Showcase Presents: House of Secrets v.1 -- See what I said about the Creepy HC?  Goes for phonebooks, too.

Storming Paradise #2 -- Quite possibly the most thought provoking concept for a miniseries in a long time.

Tor #4 -- All Kubert, all the time, this one just screams quality.

War That Time Forgot #4 -- This may be "The Book That Everyone Forgot" but I don't know why, because it's pretty darn cool.

Invincible Iron Man #4 -- Soon to be the only Iron Man series.  This one is good, but the senior title was better, so I am going to go be an annoyed Iron Fan for a bit.

Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas #2 -- When did the first one come out?  It's Granov, so that is to be expected, but still.

Venom: Dark Origin #1 -- Is Eddie Brock going to reclaim the title of Venom?  Or is this going to be more revisionist stuff?  We'll see.

Man, another big week!

So, what looks good to YOU?

1 comment:

Mister Bones said...

Final Crisis just keeps getting better. I think we're going to be talking about this comic for years.