Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Looks Good?


It's been a hard work week so far, but somethings can always perk you up: hazelnut non-dairy creamer, theater tickets on a Tuesday, and brand spankin new comics.

Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge #2 -- Captain Cold, Heat-Wave, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, and Trickster are in a bad place, but who will get to them first?

Justice Society of America #18 -- With a god of the Third World striding across the planet, what good is the Justice Society?  

Nova #16 -- Well, the GOTG tie-in ended up being good, so I am slightly less apprehensive about this one.

Caliber #5 -- Maybe as a whole series this will make more sense.  Please?

Halloween 30th Anniversary Special -- Hefty price tag, but I am a big (big) fan of the original so I will give it a look.

So, what looks good to YOU?

1 comment:

Diabolu Frank said...

Michael Myers is my favorite "slasher," mainly because I love Dr. Loomis, but still. I don't think anyone understands what works about Michael Myers. It isn't that he's a lumbering, indestructable hulk-- but that he's the fully enabled twisted kid that wants nothing more than to frighten and torture his classmates. Hannibal Lecter is, to me, a gestalt of Loomis and Myers. I hate fast zombies, but it never made sense to me not to have a fast Shape when appropriate. Look at how he scampered over the ambulance during his initial escape! Myers should be more like the killer from "Evil Dead Trap" when it comes to the money shot, but with a calculated, silent menace building to it.