Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What Looks Good?

Well, I may be getting married this Saturday but that doesn't mean I can't make it to the comic shop by Friday! Grap a shipping list and follow along!

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #56 -- How can this series be ending? How? Dan DiDio... why do you torture me?!

Flash #232 -- "A married superhero with kids? Pfft! Never work!" (Guest commentary by Joe Quesada.)

Annihilation: Conquest: Quasar #3 -- With her psychic lover transformed into a dragon, our heroic space lesbian must... ah the heck with it. It's Annihilation, you know it's good.

Terror, Inc. #2 -- The first issue feature Terror ripping his head off and replacing it with another. That is the pinnacle of awesome.

Ray Harryhausen's Wrath of the Titans (Sketch Ed.) #1 -- Missed this one the first time out, so I'm on the hunt... I'm after you!



BONUS GAME

Choose the training! Increase your Spirit with 'Bottle Cut!' Since I will be out of the country next week, enjoying fun in the sun with my bride, here's a special sneak preview of next week's 4-Color Arrivals:

JLA Classified #43 -- Woo, Martian Manhunter!

JSA Classified #30 -- Mr. Terrific fighting Neo-Nazis... sounds about right to me.

Justice League of America #13 -- Yeah, I got burned by the relaunch, but... but... Injustice League!

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes -- I almost get the feeling that Bedard is doing his warm-up for Batman & The Outsiders, but this book is sweet under his watch.

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters v.2 #1 -- The first one was the darling of Brave New World, so I might check this out.

Wonder Woman Annual #1 -- The initial story finally finishes. I wonder if we'll get a backup too?

Annihilation: Conquest: Star Lord #3 -- DC launches a new Suicide Squad book a few months after this series? Coincidence? Yeah-I-think-not.

Captain America: The Chosen #2 -- ATTENTION COMIC BOOK NERDS: David Morrell wrote the novel "First Blood." Not the film Rambo: First Blood Part 2. If you are unsure of the difference please check Wikipedia. Thank you.

Iron Man #22 -- Mystery! Action! The Mandarin! The Initiative! Oklahoma!

Iron Man: Hypervelocity TPB -- Not buying it myself, but if you missed this fast-paced series you should definitely pick up this trade.

Marvel Adventures: Iron Man #5 -- Parents, make sure your kids have enough IRON in their diet.

X-Men: First Class v.2 #4 -- Or, I suppose you could let them read about some hideous mutant freaks.

Hopefully there will some good indy stuff too... lookit all the superheroes.

So what looks good to YOU?

No comments: