Thursday, April 30, 2009

FCBD 2009 Preview


With Free Comic Book Day coming up this Saturday, I figured I would do my duty and talk about comics I have no intention of paying money for (or, at least, the ones I am most interested in!).

Bongo Comics 2009 Free For All (Bongo) -- Bongo's FCBD comics are always a hoot.

Disney/Pixar's Cars  (BOOM!) -- I have not had the chance to check out any of BOOM!'s new licensed AA comics, and I rather liked Cars, so this should be interesting.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Dark Horse) -- My wife and I both like this show, so this might be worthwhile.  I am not really big on Star Wars comics though.

Blackest Night #0 (DC) -- The big one, as far as I am concerned.  

Transformers Animated/G.I. Joe (IDW) -- More for the Joes than the TF.  The TF:A book last year was nothing to write home about, but I have heard good things about IDW's Joe titles.

The Avengers (Marvel) -- Not sure what this one is going to involve, honestly.  But, 1) Last year's X-Men special was very well done, and 2) It's good to have a title just called The Avengers on the shelf, if only for FCBD.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Evolution of a Hero (Archie) -- As a guy who has owned a Sega Master System, Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn, and Dreamcast, yeah, I like Sonic The Hedgehog.

William Shatner Presents #1 (Bluewater) -- Shatner!  Why do you torture me?!

Warhammer Fantasy (BOOM!) -- I have always liked Fantasy more than 40K, so this should be up my alley.

Aliens/Predator (Dark Horse) -- My brother was a huge fan of their licensed stuff back in the 80s and 90s, so it is nice to see them making a comeback.  (Any chance we could get more Robocop?!)

DC Kids Mega Sampler (DC) -- If only to get The Brave And The Bold and Tiny Titans in one spot.

EC Comics Sampler (Gemstone) -- Last year's EC Sampler was AMAZING, and more EC is always good!

The Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck/Mickey & The Gang (Gemstone) -- Well, Mickey I can take or leave, but Scrooge McDuck is the Man.  Well, Mallard, I guess.

TMNT #1 25th Anniversary Reprint (Mirage) -- Turtle Power!

Owly and Friends (Top Shelf) -- The Owly title from last year was really sweet, and with my impending fatherhood I guess I should start looking more into these types of comics.  Johnny Boo is one of my favorites.

Gumby Two-In-One (Wildcard Ink) -- See above.

So what FCBD goodies are YOU on the look out for?

No comments: