Monday, October 10, 2011

The Crusaders Heading Back Home

From Newsarama: the Red Circle heroes are heading back to Archie Comics.

I am alternately pleased and disappointed by this news.  As readers of this blog certainly know, I was a big fan of the DC Red Circle imprint, so to see those characters disappear is disheartening.  Of course, with the New 52 relaunch, it was more than likely that the Crusaders were never going to be a factor anyway.  So at least the characters get to have their own space to run around in.  The digital initiative is interesting, and if the price is low enough it might be worth checking out.  

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this as it develops...

(Wow, two posts about Archie one day... go figure!)

2 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

I would like to see someone do something I want to read with the MLJ heroes. That hasn't happened since the Golden Age. Doesn't look to be happening now, either. I might be interested in that archive access, though...

Luke said...

The Red Circle was the only incarnation of these characters I have read other than a few Golden Age PD stories, and I really liked it. Unfortunately it seems fan of the Red Circle were few and far between.

The digital archive aspect of this is very intriguing to me as well...