Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Unbridled Capitalism: Mr. K's for August

Took a trip over to Mr. K's last week, armed with my monthly 20% off email coupon, to see what I could find on the shelf.  I was armed with the memory of several very cool-looking Superman collections, but as the stock is always changing, I didn't have much of an idea what I would go home with.  And, true enough, I certainly didn't see this one coming!

The Chronicles of Kull v.1 -- Whoa!  Dark Horse's "Chronicles" series reprint the old Marvel comics for the Robert E. Howard heroes, including Conan, Solomon Kane, and yes, my favorite barbarian Kull.  Now, yes, I do own a lot of the issues contained herein (Kull The Conqueror #3-9), but the ones I don't have are exceptionally hard to find.  I have been looking for copies of Creatures on the Loose! #10 and Monsters on the Prowl #16 for a few years with very little luck, and the ones I have found have been way out of my price range.  Conan The Barbarian #10, and Kull The Conqueror #1-2 are more readily available, but still very expensive.  Considering that I paid a mere $7.60 for this collection, pretty much any one of those books would have cost me the same, let along all five of them.  Plus now I get to ogle the Severin's insane art with the colors very nicely restored, plus I don't have to bust out singles.  At this point I think I am only missing 3 or 4 issues of Kull's third Marvel series to have the entire run.  Not too shabby considering it all started by finding a random issue at a Borderlands Sale!

Left for next time: Superman: World of Krypton and Superman: Man Of Steel v.1 were still there.  There's also a Showcase Presents: Justice League of America v.1 which I am now wanting to go back and buy.  The Wonder Woman stuff I was considering for my wife, however, was gone, as was every single one of the near-complete run of Geoff Johns' first stint on Flash (of which I picked up Blood Will Run, the one I was missing, last time).  

Rush in and die, dogs... I was a man before I was king!

No comments: