Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Unbridled Capitalism: Greenville Comic Con (10/24)


This past weekend, Greenville played host to one of their two comic book shows, Greenville Comic Con, in the "ballroom" over at the Quality Inn.  You can't beat spending a couple of hours on a Saturday buying comics!

Iron Man: I'm still hitting that "price wall" on my Shellhead collection, but I was able to pick up one, #107.

Hawkman: Most of the Hawkman stuff I am looking for at this point is hard to find in most cheaper bins, so not too much here.  I did get JSA: Classified #22 featuring the Winged Wonder, plus he also shows up in...

All-Star Squadron: ... specifically, #8-9.  I got these for the simple fact that this is the place to find the unpublished sixth issue of Steel: The Indestructible Man!  I have a sneaking suspicion that once I get into this, I might start collecting this title, which is a slipperly slope.

Avengers: The Assemblers were pretty well represented, as I got #211-213, 217, and 221 -- including Hank Pym going crazy and slapping Jan, wooo.

Robocop: I slowly but surely am finishing up my Marvel Robocop run, a series which I will tell anyone who listens that is better than it has any right to be.  I added #20-22, leaving me with just #23 to finish up!

Black Lightning:  Everyone's favorite electrically-charged hero  made a decent showing as well, as I got v.2:no.6, 8, 11, and 13.

Other Stuff: Some neat-o random stuff was out there for those willing to look.  I was able to pull up Terror, Inc.: Apocalypse Soon 1-4 for four dollars.  Not apiece, but all told!  Woo!  I also bought Crisis on Multiple Earths v.1 for 6 bucks from a guy with too many trades priced at $6.00 a pop.  Also, I snagged a little plastic Hawkman toy in the style of an Army Men toy!

All told, a successful excursion in capitalism.  I like these smaller shows for the fact that I can escape without too much damage to my wallet, but it is becoming more and more evident that I am going to have to start spending more to track down some of the stuff I am searching for.  But that, friends, is another story.

1 comment:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

All-Star Squadron is fantastic! Definitely worth your time and money. Such a great series!

And Robocop? Seriously? I guess I'm listening, but I'm not believing.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com
http://firestormfan.com