Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Blogging, Continued


It's time for that age old tradition: The Post-Holidays "Whadja Get?!" Fest.  I'm going to limit mine to things I think the readers of this blog might be interested in -- because while I am sure you want to hear the blow-by-blow of every golf shirt and Christmas towel set, I'd like to keep this reasonable.  

First off, from my lovely and supremely intelligent life I received the Flash Companion, from TwoMorrows Publishing.  This book looked really cool when I first saw the previews for it, and in person, it is even more impressive.  Can't wait to really get in deep with this one.  

From my father, I recieved a very neat Iron Man lithograph, suitable for framing.  Yeah, it was a promotional item from Best Buy or something, but still, Shellhead swag is Shellhead swag!

My brother, in addition to tons of MST3K and wrestling DVDs, got me not one but two different Cobra Troopbuilder toys -- the best kind of Troopbuilder toys!  The single card variants of both the Sand Viper and Tele-Viper were very welcome, as I actually do not have any version of either of these molds.  There's something about single carded  GI Joe toys which makes so much more sense to me than multipacks.  Blame that on being 28 years old I guess!  Also from my brother was The Dark Knight on DVD, complete with a "special edition" homebrew cover art.   Sure, it's not Iron Man, but The Dark Knight was still pretty badass.

All in all it was a great Christmas, despite the 12.5 hour drive up to New York to spend it with my family.  And yeah, I enjoyed more just spending time with them than anything else, but I guess the swag is nice as well.

So, how was YOUR holiday?

No comments: